Democrat for Congress 2024
Phone- 516- 447-8954
Join me and let’s shake-up Washington D.C.
I am running for Congress because women's rights and human rights across the country are being reversed. When the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade declaring that the constitutional right to abortion, upheld for nearly a half century, no longer existed, we were all in shock. It was just the beginning. Less than a year later, the Chairman of the Democratic Party in Florida, Nikki Fried was arrested for protesting the extreme six week abortion ban in Florida. It was more than enough for me to enter this race. We live in an extremely divided country where hurting people has become the norm, whether through gun violence or codifying cruel laws. It's hard to believe that we have gone back this far.
I decided to re-enter politics to run for Congress because the student loan debt that millions of Americans suffer from has created $1.7 trillion worth of debt. I went to law school later in life and incurred student loan debt.
“We need laws to help individuals get out of debt, to protect basic human rights and to protect our children. We have gone backwards and as your next Congresswoman, I will fight to put this country back on track.”
My Top Priorities to protect our rights
- End student debt crisis
- Make schools safe again by-passing common-sense gun control
- Banning AR-15 assault weapons of mass destruction
- Passing Congressional Laws for universal background checks for all gun sales.
- Passing universal red flag laws empowering teachers, school administrators and mental health professionals that will help prevent shootings by allowing them to pursue court intervention.
- Holding gun manufacturers accountable by eliminating their immunity from liability
- Requiring safe storage of firearms
- Hold government accountable for their promise of no-cost lifetime health insurance for retired 9-11 first responders, EMT workers and teachers
- Ensuring everyone has Health Care coverage
- Codify Roe v. Wade into law which has been eroded throughout the South. Many southern states have made outright bans on abortion and 6 week limitations on abortions, before a woman even knows that she is pregnant.
- Addressing the opioid crisis on Long Island and supporting the Support, Treatment, and Overdose Prevention of Fentanyl (STOP Fentanyl) Act of 2021 (H.R. 2366) introduced by Rep. Ann Kuster (D-NH) and Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester (D-DE), which proposes increased access to harm reduction services and substance use disorder treatment, improved data collection, and other evidence-based methods to reduce overdose, and the TEST Act, which provides funding for FRS research and offers alternative strategies to simultaneously address the opioid epidemic while preventing backsliding on criminal justice reform.
- Finding ways to Lower Taxes
- Creating housing for the next generation
Connect With Us
Village Club of Sands Point Golf Outing
Golf Outing and Dinner
Town Hall Meeting in Freeport- Brunch 11:30- 1:30 PM
Brunch at the Freeport American Legion, 925 South Ocean Avenue, Freeport
Town Hall Meeting - 4th Congressional District
Pat Maher for Congress invites you to a Town Hall Meeting to Discuss the 4th Congressional District
This is a Blog for all Freedom Writers to share their writings and published materials ...